Was your New Year’s resolution to get your business ready for California’s new privacy law? If not, you’re in good company.
Our recent survey of over 400 small and medium-sized businesses found that the vast majority aren’t prepared for CCPA — or the costly fines and lawsuits that come along with it. Only 7% say they’ve invested in compliance consultants or software.
CCPA was intended to target tech giants, but it’s become a headache for SMBs without the resources or in-house expertise to get up to code.
To give our customers one less thing to worry about, we’ve updated our product to make it easy for employers to meet new legal requirements.
The only way to automate employee privacy notices
Starting this month, companies subject to CCPA are required to send their California-based employees and contractors a notice that details the kinds of personal data they’re collecting and how it’s being used.
If you’re like most business owners, you might be thinking: Great! One more thing to do. Our survey found that less than 4% of companies have taken this step.
Luckily, Rippling is in a unique position to help our customers comply with CCPA notice requirements because most of your employee data is already in our platform. So we created a tool that makes it easy to customize and automatically send privacy updates to your workforce.
This feature is the first of its kind — and it’s free for current customers.
Here’s how it works
1. Company admins can access the feature in Rippling by going to Company settings → Templates. At the bottom of the new page, click “Create a new CCPA notice”
2. You can fully customize this template form to reflect your organization’s data collection practices — and even add your company logo.
3. Once you’re happy with the form, select how it’s distributed to your workforce. For example, you can set Rippling to automatically send notices to new hires once they’ve completed onboarding.
You can also send notices to specific groups, like salespeople or full-time employees.
4. You’re done! It’s that easy.
CCPA notice templates are now live in Rippling — check it out and let us know what you think. In addition to privacy notices, Rippling has all the tools you need to securely manage employee data — and avoid costly fines and lawsuits:
- Never share or reuse login credentials again with our built-in password manager, RPass
- Multi-Factor Authentication for web and mobile reduces your risk of a data breach
- Rippling Single Sign-on (SSO) lets employees securely log in to every app your business uses, from Slack to Salesforce, in just one-click
- Order, set up, protect, and manage all employee laptops with sophisticated device management
- Automatically disable offboarded employee accounts and access to all company systems