About The Role
We’re looking for a Director of Product Design, IT Management to lead our continuous improvement of existing functionality and new feature/product development to round out Rippling’s IT offerings. Managing a small but growing team of Product Designers, this role will report to the VP of Design.
What You'll Do
- Drive and lead the vision for our IT user experiences for both admins and employees.
- Bring organization, clarity, and a new take on our processes to help remove ambiguity and other blockers while leaving enough flexibility to handle fast changes/pivots as necessary
- Lead with an eye toward encouraging personal and professional growth of your team members, fostering an inclusive environment, and collaborating in ways that help the team’s growth and productivity.
- Set clear expectations and priorities for your team, with frequent checkins, both in groups and 1:1s. Ensure that everyone is aligned and that individual team members have the opportunity to share their knowledge and learn from others, express their opinions, and have open communication with you about their performance and their career goals.
- Partner closely with research, product management and engineering to identify long-term product opportunities, including during our quarterly planning cycles.
- Be an active participant in hiring for both your team, as well as for other teams in the product organization.
- 10+ years’ combined experience in product/ux design focused roles
- 5+ years’ experience leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including actively participating in hiring and guiding your team members in their career development.
- Experience leading design of complex, data-heavy B2B products utilizing modern design practices and methodologies.
- Strong eye for design skills and deep process experience, having actively participated in and led teams to complete full product design lifecycles in often short timelines.
- Demonstrated operational depth/knowledge, a focus on exceptional team culture, and the understanding of how to develop, leverage, and manage cross functional partnerships.
- A portfolio that demonstrates you/your team working cross-functionally, using high-level, big picture thinking across the process to bring product designs to fruition in a very dynamic environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Meeting-light culture
- Onsite meals
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity)
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.