Senior Software Engineer, Payroll
About The Role
Rippling has 15+ different products and Payroll is the core offering that is used by almost all our customers. The full-service product simplifies each payroll cycle’s effort from days/weeks of data gathering/crunching to just one click. Behind the scenes, our software handles all the hard work - collecting time and attendance data, accounting pre-tax benefits, withholding 7000+ kinds of taxes, paying each employee, paying federal/state/local tax agencies, and filing tax returns for employers.
We are looking for talented software engineers at all levels to join a newly formed team to tackle the most challenging part of payroll - tax filings. You will be part of a team of 10+ engineers who build a new system to streamline the complex process involving customers, tax agencies, and internal ops staff. It’s a high impact team where you will learn and grow fast.
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and other partner teams to understand complex business logic
- Come up with innovative software solutions to automate and optimize workflows
- Design and implement scalable and performant backend systems
- Ship and maintain reliable production systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Solid computer science foundation and strong algo/coding skills
- Experience building production backend systems
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP
- 5+ years of experience building complex and large-scale backend system
- Golang experience
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.