Director of Engineering - Payroll
About The Role
The Payroll Team builds the full-service payroll product that manages all of the core payroll processing functionality - managing domestic and international payments, handling state and federal tax filing requirements and managing third-party integrations for time and attendance, accounting and pre-tax benefits like 401k, medical deductions. It has an admin portal and an employee-facing app.
Rippling is looking for a seasoned, hands-on Engineering Manager to drive the team. You will be accountable for leading the activity of development and quality to build appropriate technological solutions to meet the customer expectation. Collaborate with multiple channels in building scalable and high-performance services to improve sales and customer happiness. You must possess an outstanding blend of business and technical savvy, ability to look into big-picture vision, and the aim to make that vision a reality.
What You'll Do
● Drive product delivery, enforcing engineering best practices & if needed, contribute to the code hands-on
● Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
● Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations, and delivering value
● Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
● Work with Product Managers to have a holistic view across engineering and product,and drive engineering and product strategy (wear a product manager hat when needed)
● Help the organization scale and grow with the business
● Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
● Grow and manage the skills and talent in the organization. Lead People Resource processes related to objectives definitions & regular career pathing process with the team members
● Outstanding customer centric mindset
● Strong hands-on coding, design, and architectural skills
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● Excellent work standards and highly motivated
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● 3+ years of experience as an Engineering manager
● 6+ years of professional work experience in software development
● Minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
Company with a clear product roadmap a mile long that’s filled with transformative and first-to-market products that we know customers are looking for - we just need more engineers to buildit. Our success is directly tied to our ability to quickly and continuously build new products on top of the employee record — and independent engineering teams around each of them. It’s this multi-product strategy that allows us to offer significant career optionality and growth, and just one reason why we have over 35 former engineering founders on staff.
Rippling is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.