About The Role
Rippling codebase written in python with MongoDB as a backend database. We have ~250 engineers working on this infra to add product specific features. The common framework is managed by the platform infra team - middlewares, language runtimes, core libraries, ORM, debugging tools, etc. This role will be deeply technical and you will be building features and tools for product engineers.
We are looking for an expert in MongoDB who can help us bring best practices, help engineers use MongoDB efficiently and build tools and frameworks to automate.
What You'll Do:
- Continuously observe the Mongo usage, help engineers optimize, suggest solutions at framework level
- Be aware of the cutting-edge MongoDB ecosystem and introduce them to platform
- Conceive and build tools that makes the platform stable and efficient -- in unconventional ways at times
- Be the in-house expert on Mongo and help product engineers
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand their needs and satisfy them with projects you develop
- 7+ years of overall experience
- 4+ years of production experience using Mongo
- A passion for for technology to continuously update yourself
- Passionate about working at framework level that will make impact across the platform
- Exposure to using Django, MongoDB, React, AWS will be a plus
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.