Software Engineer (Platform Infra)
About The Role
Rippling is building an operating system for running companies. We are building everything needed for employee management – be it payroll, insurance, single-sign-on, devices, licenses, surveys, time & attendance, spend management, etc. We are a compound startup.
The code base is written in python using the Django framework and we use MongoDB as a database. It’s a large monolith code base as of now. More than 250 engineers work on the platform to build.
Platform infra team work on the common framework to enable the engineers to add application features. Common framework includes the python language runtimes, libraries, debugging tooling, managed cloud development environments, monitoring etc.
This is an interesting time for us. We are in the process of splitting the monolith. We are building tooling to improve the quality of the codebase. We are looking at incidents and design solutions to prevent them from reoccurring.
What You'll Do:
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Conceive and build tools that makes the platform stable and efficient -- in unconventional ways at times
- Be aware of the cutting-edge tech ecosystem and introduce them to platform
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- Refactor/re-architect at framework level and help product engineers to refactor
- Become the in-house expert on platform infra and help product engineers
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand their needs and satisfy them with projects you develop
- 7+ years of proven experience as Software Engineer
- 4+ years of production experience in Python, Django Framework and MongoDB
- Exposure to Devops key areas
- A passion for for technology to continuously update yourself
- Passionate about working at framework level that will make impact across the platform
- Exposure to using Django, React, AWS will be a plus
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.