Risk Operations Analyst
San Francisco, California
About The Role:
The Risk Operations Analyst will drive the day-to-day operations of managing our risk controls and executing risk assessments to mitigate both fraud, credit, and operational risks across all of our customers. This role will require impeccable attention to detail, clear communication skills, and decisiveness in making key risk decisions on a daily basis. You will own many operational aspects of performing risk assessments on all of our customers, managing credit risk exposures, responding to automated alerts while simultaneously working with cross-functional partners to optimize product controls, automated alerts, and dashboard reporting. This is an exciting opportunity that requires significant cross-departmental engagement with major impacts on multiple Products and the customer experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the first line of defense for onboarding our new customers and monitoring their behavior and transactions for fraud, account takeover, credit, and operational risks
- Immediately respond to potential fraud or credit risk incidents by escalating to appropriate teams, documenting findings, and executing and coordinating actions items with our cross-functional partners
- Engage with Product, Customer support and Implementation teams to incorporate feedback and appropriately enhance operational process improvements, risk procedures, and cross-functional workflow updates
- Develop, maintain, and refine policy and cross-functional process documents in line with changes to risk strategy or evolving risks
- Use data to drive fact-based decision making, proactively identify potential risk threats, and optimize our risk management processes
- Coordinate with Customer support and Product / Engineering teams to resolve customer technical issues where necessary
- 1-3 years operational experience in a fast-paced identity, fraud, compliance, or risk role within the payroll, payments, or fintech space
- Understanding of common business verification & risk analysis tools,
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills - must be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and adept at communicating upwards, acting assertively and with tact on complex and sensitive issues
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, attentive to detail, and intellectually curious
- Payroll, payments experience
- SQL experience
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.