Senior Software Engineer, Performance and Architecture
Seattle, United States
About The Role
The performance & architecture team drives company-wide architectural initiatives to support Rippling's continued scalability and performance through a period of hypergrowth. The day-to-day work includes a broad set of challenges, from investigating and optimizing current infrastructure, to planning long term architecture overhauls. We're a cross-functional team that works closely with product teams throughout the organization. This is a relatively new team within Rippling, so you'll also have an outsized impact in shaping the team's processes and areas of impact.
What You'll Do:
- Work on some of Rippling's biggest technical challenges, like setting up a service oriented architecture, and scaling a platform for ingesting and processing employee data
- Develop low latency frameworks and tools to be used by the rest of the Rippling development team
- Build tools to support better visibility on performance
- Build new architectural patterns that will define how software at Rippling is written
- Work with product teams to evangelize performance and scalability practices
- 6+ years of experience building a large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments, or data processing platforms
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them
- A track record of taking ownership and caring deeply about solving problems for your customers
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.