San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
Rippling is looking to hire a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Manager to be based in San Francisco, California. The role will report to the Vice President of Finance and include a significant workload directly with the CFO and other executives across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and other teams. The role will develop a 360 degree view of Rippling and have responsibility over the FP&A buildout of a predictive company model that covers ARR, Revenue, COGS, Opex. This individual will also support the team's efforts in budgeting, financial oversight and planning for all business units. The ideal candidate will have a strong experience set in high-growth SaaS companies through IPO, consolidated financial planning and analysis, and an ability to leverage data analytics to drive predictive modeling and forecasting decisions. This role is highly visible and will interact frequently with the CFO and various business leaders across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop an existing operating model into a predictive model including ARR, Revenue, COGS, and OPEX components. In addition to the major forecasting responsibility this individual will support the broader FP&A team’s efforts around consolidated financial forecasting, budgeting and planning across teams, and reporting (monthly close, operating model, Board and Investor Relations).
- Partner on cross-functional projects with the Financial Data Analytics organization, which is an adjacent team on Data Analytics, including a complex predictive company modeling tool used for forecasting purposes. As part of the predictive modeling exercise this individual will work with teams across Sales Marketing, CX and Ops, and others to ensure comparisons of actuals vs. predictive model estimates are being utilized to drive daily business decisions.
- Partner with broader FP&A, Strategic Finance, and Financial Data Analytics teams on financial projections for both the near and long term. Drive a high degree of accuracy in the near-term (12 - 18 months) and work with business partners to identify levers for greater efficiency in the long-term (24 - 36 months).
- Work directly with executives and business leaders to support a variety of special FP&A projects, including acquisitions, business model and product change analysis, investment decisions, and long-term IPO readiness.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 8 to 10+ years of experience in FP&A, strategic finance, investing roles (VC or PE), investment banking or other similar roles.
- Experience in a high-growth enterprise software environment; capable of prioritizing and executing on many projects at once
- Business partnership experience at the executive level; ability to summarize information and effectively communicate to both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Experience navigating through ambiguity of blue-sky thinking and undefined financial data problems.
- Commitment to building inclusive teams and team culture.
- Experience with financial planning tools (e.g. Anaplan), Salesforce, ERPs (e.g. Netsuite) and an advanced knowledge of Excel required. Experience with SQL preferred.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.