Tech Lead (Poland)
Warsaw or Remote
About The Role
We’re looking for great Tech Leads to join us as founding leaders of Rippling's hub in Poland (full remote is possible). You'll be laying the technical and organizational foundation for a top tier engineering team.
You'll focus initially on Rippling's Identity Management product, which uses Rippling's HR data to manage employee identity in 400+ cloud services, such as G Suite, Slack, Dropbox, GitHub, AWS, etc. When one of our customers hires an employee, our systems use APIs to automatically provision the employee's accounts in all the cloud services the company uses, and allow the employee to sign in to those services using SAML or OIDC, and use RPass -- Rippling's zero knowledge password manager -- to protect their credentials. We work closely with our integration partners and our business development team to build new integrations, manage our existing partnerships, and most importantly, build an integration ecosystem that is a key long term moat for Rippling's business.
What You'll Do
- Leading a small team of engineers (~5-10 people)
- Working together with Engineering Managers and the rest of the Leadership team
- Hands-on software development. Our current tech stack includes Python, Django, DRF, and MongoDB on top of AWS (Note: you do not need to have experience with all the technologies to apply)
- Ensure your team ships products constantly at a high quality
- Plan, review, and participate in product and technical meetings. Perform code reviews, maintain technical documentation, and evolve the Identity Management product for a growing customer base.
- Have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy
- Wear any hat when needed
What You’ll Need
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- Past experience in a Team/Tech Lead leading a small team of software engineers (at least 2 years of experience)
- Strong understanding of web applications, including performance, quality, and security aspects
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Experience building a large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- Fluency in English
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Great compensation package (salary + equity)
- 26 days of paid time off
- A dynamic and motivated team with amazing colleagues
- Flexible office hour policy and full remote possibility
- The latest tech equipment of your choice
- FTE or B2B contract + assistance with getting the 5% tax rate on your base salary (IP BOX).
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.