Engineering Manager - IT (Identity Platform) - (China)
Beijing or Shanghai, China
About The Role
The Identity team is responsible for the products and infrastructure that power connecting our customers to the external tools they use on a daily basis. The team owns multi-factor authentication, authentication settings, behavioral detection rules, RPass (Rippling’s zero-knowledge password manager), activity logging, IT third-party app integrations, VLDAP, and the authentication infrastructure that powers all Rippling products.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Set up and maintain processes that empower the team to move quickly
- Grow and develop your team
- Ensure your team ships products constantly at a high quality
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
- Have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy
- Wear a product manager hat when needed
- 8+ years of engineering or engineering management experience
- Experience building a large-scale platform for web and mobile apps
- Expertise building complex distributed services
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Proficiency with recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.