Sr. Engineering Manager, EMP (Employee Management Platform)
About The Role
The Employee Management Platform team is responsible for building the system of record of the employee data that is at the core of the Rippling ecosystem. The products built by this team are responsible for capturing all changes to the record of an employee, from the time they are hired into a company until the time they are offboarded. It’s also responsible for propagation of changes to other Rippling products that may get affected by the changes to the record.
As a manager of the team, you will be responsible for leading product development, hiring and mentoring engineers, setting the roadmap in collaboration with the product manager, and creating a process that scales with the team.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for growing and developing a team of hardworking and motivated engineers
- Set the direction for the team, create a strategy, and lead its execution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams that are critical for building a successful product
- Collaborate with senior leadership to help in the development of the larger strategy for the HRIS organization
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team as a manager
- Hands-on development experience using Python, Django, MongoDB, React, AWS
- Experience with working at a high growth start-up
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.