Sr. Engineering Manager - New Payroll Platform
Remote, San Francisco, California, United States
About The Role
Rippling is so much more than just “a payroll company”, but there’s no denying payroll is the beating heart of our business – it’s often the first product our customers sign up for, and it’s a big part of why they stick with us.
A payroll system involves enormously complicated workflow and ever-changing business rules. We are a newly formed team developing a new platform for non-technical domain experts to fully customize the payroll process for our fast growing customer base.
We care about moving fast and continually deploying code, but also about laying the right infrastructure that enables us to do that safely and with confidence. We’re looking for great engineering leaders to join us in our journey to build the next generation of our most mission-critical payroll systems. You’ll play a key role in designing the architecture of financial systems that move billions of dollars and also shape technical processes and culture on a rapidly-expanding team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and grow a team of talented software engineers
- Set up and maintain engineering best practices that empower the team to move quickly but confidently
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews & if needed, contribute to the code occasionally
- Have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy
- Drive product delivery
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Hands-on coding, strong design and architectural skills
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Proficiency with recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- Strong product intuition
- Nice to have: familiar with Golang, Postgres, Kubernetes and cloud infra
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.