Sr. Engineering Manager - Core Platform
San Francisco, California, United States
About The Role
The Insurance team’s goal is to provide a modern, easy-to-use platform for companies to offer insurance --medical, dental, disability, etc. -- to their employees. We build software that automates the tedium of managing insurance offerings and submitting enrollments. Additionally, the insurance team automates the administration of FSA, HSA, commuter benefits, and COBRA, allowing companies to provide more benefits to their employees with minimal overhead. Most of all, we are disrupting a 1.3 trillion dollar US insurance industry and bring it into the digital world.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Set up and maintain processes that empower the team to move quickly
- Grow and develop your team
- Ensure your team ships products constantly at a high quality
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
- Have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy
- Wear a product manager hat when needed
Who You Are
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- You drive relentlessly to build a highly reliable, extensible, scalable and automated platform with ease of use experience
- 8+ years of engineering or engineering management experience
- Mature internet company with 2+ years of experience growing the team and deliver quality product
- Product facing with a platform emphasis.
- Experience re-architecturing and SOA/microservices migration is a plus
- Balanced skills on technology and management, excel at driving engineering initiative, and building a high motivated and strong team
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.