Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Warsaw Or Remote
About The Role
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our new Infrastructure team in Rippling's hub in Poland (full remote is possible). You'll be the the first member of the global infrastructure team in Europe with opportunity to lay the technical and organizational foundation for a top tier engineering org.
The deployment Infra team takes care of running the application in our prod and non-prod environments, our CI pipeline infrastructure and governance for product team specific infra needs. Our primary code base is a python monolith. We have home-grown tools & frameworks for running background jobs, deployments and managing cloud infra. You have an opportunity to work at framework level that would be used by the developers. To mention a few tools we use - AWS EKS & ECS, Python, Datadog and terraform. The team is currently split across US, India and now Europe.
What You'll Do
- Solving problems on deployment infrastructure -- in unconventional ways at times
- Conceive and build tools that make developers efficient and push high-quality code
- Work on home-grown frameworks enhancements
- Evolve the deployment infra needs as we refactor and split the monolith
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- Build relationships with developers across all of our teams to understand their needs and satisfy them with projects you develop
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of professional work experience in cloud infrastructure
- Experience in build, development, or release systems (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker)
- Backend development experience would be a big plus. It would help you to work on the homegrown frameworks written in Python
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Great compensation package (salary + equity)
- 26 days of paid time off
- A dynamic and motivated team with amazing colleagues globally
- Flexible office hour policy and full remote possibility
- The latest tech equipment of your choice
- FTE or B2B contract + Assistance with getting the 5% tax rate on your base salary (IP BOX).
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.