Senior Manager, International Tax
Remote - USA
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT — payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more — in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every workforce system to a single source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps — like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 — all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Rippling is looking to hire a Senior Manager focused on International Tax. This role can be remote or based in San Francisco, California. The role will directly report to the Senior Tax Manager and will work closely with our Legal team. The leader in this role will focus exclusively on our global expansion and the ongoing tax compliance of our foreign subsidiaries. This will entail working closely with our external tax advisors around the world to complete registrations, tax compliance, and reporting obligations in multiple foreign countries. The primary focus will be entity level compliance in foreign jurisdiction, with some exposure to local payroll tax obligations.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management experience and top-notch communication skills. They should have worked on international tax compliance projects and have some exposure to international payroll reporting. This person does not need to be an expert in all aspects of international tax. We have a number of external tax advisors that we partner with.
What You'll Do:
- Lead tax compliance projects with external accounting partners in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Work closely with external accounting partners to complete local tax returns for our foreign subsidiaries.
- Develop a global transfer pricing strategy with the help of external tax advisors.
- Assist in the coordination and review of indirect tax compliance (VAT, GST, etc) for various foreign jurisdictions.
- Support tax audits, including data collection for timely responses to information requests, as necessary.
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve the tax function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting/Economics
- CPA or JD
- 8+ years of professional experience in international taxation and transfer pricing. Mix of Big 4 experience and industry experience. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets. Experience with Netsuite ERP is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem solver with the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Is able to adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Has a positive attitude and is eager to learn and willing to take on challenges.
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.