Sr. Human Resources Business Partner - Engineering/R&D
San Francisco, CA
About the Role
Our hyper growth presents an exciting and interesting challenge to scale people, processes, and develop management capability effectively in a constantly evolving business context. We’re looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner to be a trusted partner to our Engineering leaders and their teams, advising and coaching on all aspects of people management - Leadership Development, Organization Design, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, et al. This role will play a critical part in building management capability by educating and training Engineering managers on employee life cycle processes and people management.
With the company having tripled its headcount last year and forecast to double again this year, there is an excellent opportunity for impact. You will join an HR function that is also in a build mode and racing to get ahead of the needs of the business on the people front. It’s an exciting opportunity to lead and learn in a fast-paced setting with a group of smart and passionate people!
This individual will work on a hybrid basis, with expectations of being on-site at our San Francisco, CA office 3 days per week.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders within Engineering to drive and execute successful delivery of all HR programs including performance management, management excellence programs, and compensation reviews
- Coach and advise Engineering Managers on complex leadership and HR matters including sensitive employee relations issues
- Provide guidance to Engineering Managers on career pathing and leveling, skill and professional development
- Assess manager and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1/group sessions as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for employees; helping them navigate professional or personal issues that impact their work and career growth
- Collaborate across peer groups - recruiting, DEI, Finance, to drive talent initiatives to meet business needs
- Lead day-to-day activities related to HR policies, processes and programs
- Track and analyze key indicators of organizational health and recommend ways to improve value
- Support employees in the respective organizations and serve as the face of HR to these teams
What You Will Need
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous HRBP experience, preferably supporting technical or Engineering teams
- Deep understanding of HR processes, especially hands-on experience in management/leadership development, performance management and employee relations
- Previous experience in management/leadership development programs and/or learning and development function strongly preferred
- Business savvy; can quickly develop the business sense to offer relevant HR solutions
- Assertive and humble; can overcome resistance and effectively manage change
- Fast-paced and action-oriented; can comfortably operate in ambiguity with minimal guidance
- A positive can-do attitude; can navigate through the challenges and find solutions
- Able to operate at a tactical as well as strategic level
- Analytical, quantitative and process oriented thinker; someone comfortable digging into data as needed to inform decisions
About the Team
The People team supports the company by creating compelling employee experiences, opportunities for development, recognition, and rewards for all of its employees. Our team is primarily seated in San Francisco, CA, and Bangalore, India, but we also are hiring remote team members.
Our team works extensively across functions and partners with Talent Acquisition, Finance, Legal, Immigration, and Brand teams and comprises HRBPs, Office managers, Operations Analysts, Total Rewards folks, Employee Experience leaders, Learning & Development, and a Global Events Manager.
Over the years, our team has been instrumental in enabling Rippling’s growth, including expanding the number of Ripplers we count among us across the world today (we went from 20+ employees working in a small office in 2016 to over 900+ employees in 2021)!
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.