Senior Software Engineer - PEO
San Francisco or Remote (USA)
About The Role
The PEO team at Rippling is responsible for building and managing PEO (Professional Employer Organization) product which bundles payroll, compliance, and insurance into one umbrella and co-employs the employees of companies (customers) on the PEO and jointly supports them. The PEO product is one of the most complex products as it involves aggregation of data objects across companies, along with making updates in various other products at Rippling to support the PEO use case.
As a Software Engineer in PEO, you will be a part of a team of 10+ engineers who build and maintain one of the industry's first fully automated PEO. An engineer in the PEO team will be writing code in Python/Django to build scalable systems and would also be using MongoDb at scale. The role requires a good command on low level and high level designing. Since PEO involves different business verticals, you will get a chance to work on a variety of business driven products along with supporting the system at high scale.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain various products in PEO
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Work closely across teams to support smooth collaboration
- Work closely with the PEO operations team to ensure processes are automated
- Design scalable and robust systems, and make decisions that will keep pace with the rapid growth of Rippling
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or experience in a relevant field
- Solid programming skills, a track record, and passion for improving the code structure and architecture to enhance testability and maintainability
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.