Product Security Manager
San Francisco or Remote (USA)
About The Role
We're looking for a hands-on Product Security Engineering Manager to play a key role in making Rippling Secure by Design. Our Product Security team supports our Product teams in shipping secure code through tooling, training, and policy.
It’s a really exciting time to join Ripping and our Security team as we go through our next growth phase. We are looking for people who are attracted to our Company's mission and are excited about securing it.
- Quickly grow our Product Security team to support Rippling Engineerings' rapid growth.
- Partner with Product and Engineering management to prioritize security enhancements to rippling products.
- Establish a secure-by-design product development practice that prioritizes security from design to deployment and onwards.
- Provide the tooling and process for Engineers and Product Managers to ship secure products without friction.
- Build a roadmap to improve Product Security maturity, driving execution quarter over quarter.
- Use security metrics and risk management to guide our program and apply our resources efficiently.
- Establish an external brand for Rippling Product Security that champions our work and makes Security Engineers excited to come and work here.
- 2+ years of experience leading a Product Security team.
- A talent for hiring and retaining fantastic product security engineers
- Implemented and standardized common product Security process (Risk assessment, threat modeling, etc.)
- Experience with secure product development and secure development lifecycles
- A track record of improving the security posture of complex SaaS products.
- Good understanding of common vulnerabilities and attack vectors.
- Experience working as a Product Security Engineer and or Software Developer before moving into management.
- A pragmatic approach to Security, solving problems through collaboration and continual improvement.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to form strong relationships with Engineering teams.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.