Credit Risk Underwriter
The Rippling Risk team is looking for a Credit Risk Underwriter to perform risk assessments and assist with portfolio monitoring. The Underwriter will conduct both initial credit assessments and ongoing credit monitoring processes for Rippling customers under the guidance of our policies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team which takes on the crucial role of managing financial risk and protecting Rippling from credit losses, while facilitating products that make it easier for our customers to run their businesses. This role will focus on Credit Risk but will have frequent touch points with a number of internal teams including Sales, Customer Support, and Account Management.
What you will do
- Perform processes for new customer onboarding: calculating key financial ratios and credit metrics, interpreting financial data to assign risk ratings, sizing appropriate credit limits according to policy guidelines, and coordinating across teams to help facilitate new customer onboarding.
- Exercise approval authority up to a certain level of credit exposure and communicate credit decisions to manager or Risk Leadership.
- For credit monitoring, conduct periodic reassessment of customer credit profiles, updating internal assessments and risk ratings, flagging any credit concerns, and recommending actions when necessary.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of portfolio-level reporting.
- Contribute to projects aimed at improving efficiency and scalability of our Credit processes as we continue to grow.
What you will need
Ideal candidate will be a motivated and team-minded credit risk professional with experience underwriting SMB and Mid-Market businesses:
- Batchelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years’ commercial underwriting experience at a lending institution; completion of formal credit training program is a big plus
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements, including detailed review and interpretation
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate key decision factors in a clear, concise manner is crucial
- Must be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with minimal supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to pick up inconsistencies from financial documents
- Experience reviewing and interpreting bank statement information and operating cash-flows
- Must be familiar with Excel; SQL skills are helpful
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.