Senior Software Engineer - ATS
About The Role
The ATS team is a brand new team currently responsible for building and maintaining Rippling’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS). This is a critical system to recruit employees while remaining compliant with state laws. Both in-house and third-party integrations are supported in which let customers choose what works best for them. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in both areas, reduce manual work using automation, and provide useful reports to take action. We are a small team working on multiple new product initiatives and growing quickly.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own the architecture, direction, design, development of new product initiatives, and will work with, guide, and grow a talented pool of some of the world’s best engineers. Senior Engineers influence teams outside of their own organization and deliver results that move the needle at the organizational level and impact company-wide goals.
What You'll Do:
- Engineer and maintain innovative, customer-centric, high performance, secure and robust solutions
- Confidently ship moderate/large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope and complexity of your team
- Own and implement production-quality features for our products
- Translate high-level business requirements into a software design; communicate the designs to the other developers in the team
- Review and share feedback on code, features, technology, architecture, and designs
- Implement comprehensive unit tests for confirming functionality and the quality of code
- Ensure high-quality code and related documentation.
- Seek/fix performance and scalability issues and define/follow best practices to ensure & enhance system uptime and reliability.
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of development experience
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle for a large-scale software product
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- Hands-on development experience using Python, Django, MongoDB, React, AWS
- Domain knowledge in Applicant Tracking and Learning Management Systems
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Meeting-light culture
- Onsite meals
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.