Product Design Lead, HR Products
San Francisco or Remote
About The Role
Design plays an essential role in this by ensuring the product is intuitive and efficient, helping free up smart people to work on hard problems for their organizations rather than the busy work that often comes with their job. We hold design to a higher standard than others in the industry and it’s an important differentiator for us. The user experience is essential in building trust with our customers, so they can feel confident that important aspects of their business run without fail for their employees. As designers, you’re responsible for creating these experiences that solve real everyday problems for employees.
We’re looking for lead level product designers who are passionate about helping businesses, and their employees, succeed in their missions by helping them run more effectively. Our HR product vertical owns everything from Employee Hiring and Learning Management to Organizational Performance & Design. This role will own the end-to-end experience for an HR product line(s) and help us build a collaborative cross-functional team.
What You'll Do
- Level up the design team by helping mentor other designers, defining processes as we scale, participating in designer interviews, and leading by example in how you operate on a team.
Work with Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Product Marketing and Sales partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Help define product requirements and drive a cross-functional team to launch.
Collaborate with different partners to design features in accordance with your team's roadmap.
- Influence and align team members around a vision for your product, all the way up to the executive level.
Effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
Create and validate designs through sketches, prototypes, and testing.
Determine the information architecture and flow for your product features.
Create high-fidelity visuals and specifications for your final design solutions.
Work with Engineering to ensure quality implementation and user experience.
Work with partners to help summarize and communicate research findings to inform our decisions and build even greater understanding of and empathy for our customers.
Solicit feedback early and often from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team. Participate in weekly design syncs with the design team.
Help maintain our design system with other product designers, and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team.
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers from the individual contributor role.
- Experience owning the end-to-end design for a product.
- B.A/B.S. in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field/equivalent experience.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Experience shipping high-quality product experiences.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers, Engineers, and Product Designers to execute on UX deliverables.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience validating design decisions through user/usability research.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.