UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Compliance Officer
About The Role:
We are looking for a sharp, highly-motivated, forward-thinking UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Compliance Officer. You will be our very first compliance hire in the UK but will interface globally with our business teams, executive staff, regulators and industry groups, outside counsel and vendors. This is an exciting opportunity to expand our anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery, and other compliance programs within the UK and EU region. You will also help drive the compliance culture at Rippling and embed integrity and compliance in all of our operations as our company grows. The ideal candidate takes ownership over initiatives, has excellent analytical and communication skills, and fundamentally believes that integrity (and compliance) need not be boring.
- Oversee Rippling’s anti money laundering program for the UK, including monitoring the day-to-day operation of Rippling’s anti money laundering policies
- Act as a compliance advisor to multiple payment products and operations in the UK and EU region, especially with respect to money laundering and sanctions programs
- Research and implement global anti-money laundering, sanctions, and anti-bribery programs, including trainings, transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, and other required functions
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other cross functional teams to support product launches and ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements and embed legal and compliance values in all new product and business initiatives
- Serve as a liaison to the local authorities, including managing suspicious activity reporting to the relevant Financial Investigation Unit and timely responding to law enforcement requests
- Lead special compliance projects, including recurring and one stand alone audits and due diligence requests, as necessary
- Assist in the effective management of our UK entity and develop scalable and efficient compliance processes
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally with a relevant Master’s Degree, or a professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g ICA, ACAMS)
- 5+ years of Experience in an MLRO, deputy MLRO or compliance manager role
- Excellent communication skills, or with the ability to break down complex requirements into easy-to-understand and practical advice
- Passion for navigating complex regulatory frameworks and finding solutions
- Detailed knowledge of the UK and EU regulatory environment and key financial crime regimes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sense of humor
- Must be fluent in English, fluency in other languages is a plus.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.