VP of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
About The Role
Rippling is looking for a hands-on Vice President of Engineering to lead development for a suite of its innovative products. This successful leader will have exceptional engineering leadership experience coupled with a proven coding background. They will have the ability to balance business delivery with engineering quality, have strong business acumen, and be data and metrics oriented. They will also need to balance a portfolio of established and emerging products.
What You'll Do:
- Lead teams that develop high quality software
- Lead the creation of efficient and repeatable engineering processes
- Lead teams in balancing urgency of delivery vs. a high quality bar
- Lead teams that implement automated tests, automated deployments, monitoring, and operational tools for the products
- Build relationships with business and product leaders across Rippling to understand their needs
- Mentor managers & ICs
- 20+ years of demonstrated leadership in software development
- 10+ years of experience working in senior engineering leadership teams
- Prior experience as a Director/VP in a 200+ member engineering organization
- Hands-on experience with writing code
- Strong understanding of software development, debugging, optimization, and troubleshooting - Experience in managing QA teams
- Technical knowledge to dive deep into complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- Experience building scaled consumer products
- Ability to hire top talent and to lead the org through rapid growth
- Strong people management and career development skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate engineers to work together as a cohesive and productive unit
- Experience in engineering processes, OKRs and KPIs
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical as well as non-engineering stakeholders
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with large-scale, high-volume SaaS environments
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.