Time & Attendance
Spend less time on time tracking
4.9 Star Rating
4.9 Star Rating
One Integrated System
Put time & attendance on autopilot
Automatically track employees’ hours from clock-in to paycheck—no more manual data entry, syncing issues, or late approvals from supervisors.
Employees can clock in and out in seconds using a tablet kiosk, our mobile app, or their computers.
Review and approve hours
Approved hours instantly sync with payroll. You can even review time cards right inside each pay run.
Run payroll in just 90 seconds. No more spreadsheets. No more CSV templates. No more headaches.
Fully configurable Software
Create automated workflows to track time your way
Manage time your way
Don’t settle for cookie-cutter solutions. Rippling gives you complete control over the rules and logic for time tracking, so you can customize the system to fit your company’s precise needs.
Stay one step ahead
Rippling keeps an eye on everyone’s time cards so you don't have to. Just set up your rules once, and Rippling will start notifying you and your team before issues arise—like when an employee is approaching overtime.
Job Costing & Reporting
Control costs with clear workforce visibility
Monitor your workforce and their hours in real time to make staffing decisions on the fly. Build powerful, custom reports to visualize trends. Group labor costs by job, location, or any other dimension to inform strategic workforce planning.
Avoid costly fines with built-in compliance
Rippling automatically enforces overtime, meal break, and other federal, state, and local labor laws based on each employee’s work location. Rest easy knowing your company is always compliant, thanks to Rippling’s watchful eye.
Easy clock-in that can’t be outsmarted
Attendance enforcement features like geolocation restrictions, QR codes, and selfie clock-ins help prevent buddy punching and ensure employees are physically at your worksite when clocking in.
Hit the ground running with hundreds of templates
Choose from hundreds of pre-built workflow templates and install one in seconds. You can use our templates out-of-the-box or tweak them to meet your exact needs.
See Rippling in action
Learn how Rippling can help you effortlessly onboard and manage your employees, whether you have a workforce of 1 or 1,000.
Frequently asked questions
How is Rippling different from other Time & Attendance products?
With Rippling Time & Attendance you can:
- Fully integrate T&A with other systems—from check-in to pay check: Approved hours sync seamlessly to payroll, and calculations for PTO or any benefits deductions are done automatically in Rippling. No CSV imports, spreadsheets, or headaches.
- Create automated workflows that give you time back: You can easily build workflows in Rippling to manage your hourly workforce with ease. Manage overtime costs, send managers automated reminders to approve hours, and more with Rippling.
- Customize policies to manage time your way: Rippling gives you complete control over the rules and logic for time tracking, so you can customize time policies to fit your company's precise needs—from custom pay types to break policies.
- Avoid costly fines with built-in compliance: Rippling automatically enforces overtime, sick leave, meal break, and other federal, state, and local labor laws, and flags any time cards that are non-compliant to ensure your company is never at risk of financial penalties.
- Build a check-in experience that can’t be outsmarted: Specify exactly how employees should clock their hours—whether via mobile app, kiosk, or desktop. You can even enforce accurate attendance by restricting check-in to a specific place via geolocation, requiring a selfie when checking in, or creating a touchless check-in experience via QR code.
Can we use Rippling Time & Attendance to track time for international contractors?
Yes—you can use Rippling Time & Attendance to track time for workers who are not paid through Rippling Payroll, including international contractors.
How does Rippling automate compliance with state overtime policies?
Rippling automatically creates overtime policies that are compliant with the state and federal laws of all your employees' work locations. Whenever an employee from a new state is added to an existing time policy, Rippling will automatically create the applicable state overtime policy to ensure you're always in compliance. And if a state or federal labor laws get updated, we will automatically apply those changes across any default policies created by Rippling.
Does Rippling Time & Attendance have a mobile app?
Yes—employees can easily clock in and out through Rippling’s mobile app. Additionally, managers and payroll admins can easily view, edit, add, and approve employee timesheets directly from their mobile devices. Learn more about mobile time tracking in Rippling.