About The Role
Rippling is looking for someone to lead architecture initiatives that will support Rippling's continued scalability and performance through a period of hypergrowth. As one of the most senior technical roles in the company, they will work with teams across the organization to explore the company's most challenging technical problems, and develop solutions for them. A successful leader in this role will have exceptional insight on scaling distributed systems, and ability to project influence across the organization, coupled with a hands-on attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design and implementation of the next generation of Rippling's frameworks, including a service oriented architecture, a platform for ingesting and processing employee data at scale, and a domain specific language.
- Ensure Rippling's continued scalability and performance through a period of hypergrowth
- Anticipate technical challenges facing Rippling before they arise, and design and implement solutions to solve them.
- Work with teams facing complex technical challenges of their own. Be a catalyst for developing high quality software and architecture across the company.
- Represent Rippling technology externally, through conferences, papers, and blog posts.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with 5+ years in technical lead or architect roles
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems, such as high-volume SaaS environments, or data processing platforms
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by identifying areas of impact and independently pursuing them
- A track record of influencing and enabling forward-thinking technology decisions across a wide organization
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in written and verbal modes
If you don’t necessarily meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply because skills can be used in lots of different ways, your life experience is equally important sometimes.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.