Founding Engineer - Scheduling Optimization
About The Role
- Architect and build our scheduling product.
There are tons of moving pieces that will have to come together for us to launch this product: core abstractions for schedules and capacity planning, an easy-to-use optimization engine that’s powerful enough to handle complex user-specified constraints, integrations with external data sources, and frontend/mobile experiences, to just name a few. You’ll help us design and implement these from the ground up.
- Wear many hats.
Writing and reviewing code goes without saying, but at Rippling engineers do a lot more than just engineering. You’ll quickly become an expert on the product area and spend time talking to users, planning our product roadmap, and working on go-to-market initiatives. As an early member on a new team, you’ll also play a major role in shaping the team’s culture and organization to help us scale.
What You'll Do
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Have exposure to the sales teams to prioritize what can improve our revenue
- Interact with customers and support them in being successful with Rippling
- 3+ years of professional work experience using Python, Django, MongoDB, React, AWS
- Strong CS/algorithms fundamentals
- Experience building and scaling products and systems from the ground up
- Strong product intuition: you care about design and user experience and are quick to identify how these could be improved.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: you thrive in unstructured environments and enjoy identifying big problems in addition to solving them.
- Prior experience with optimization or operations research a plus
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.