UX Research Lead - Growth
San Francisco or Remote
As the UX Research Lead embedded in our Growth vertical, you will lead initiatives that contribute directly to key outcomes for cross-sell, company onboarding and other growth workstreams critical to the success of our business and customer experience. This role will leverage a mixed methods toolkit, collaborating with product management, analytics and designers to (1) deliver personalized messaging to businesses of all sizes so that they can discover products that match their team and organization’s needs, (2) spearhead exploratory work into new problem spaces within our platform and app marketplace, and (3) partner with internal teams to implement product experiences that save customers time getting up and running with Rippling. Your research will ensure that employers, resellers and internal teams using Rippling Growth products are able to do their best work every day while realizing measurable impact to their processes and business goals.
What You'll Do
- Identify and prioritize strategic and tactical research questions that have direct impact on business and customer needs
- Define the research roadmap for the Growth vertical, in close partnership with product management, business leaders, product design and other xfn collaborators
- Communicate and evangelize research findings, insights and recommendations to inform business decisions
- Plan and conduct research, applying qualitative and quantitative methods as appropriate
- Triangulate data from existing research, product analytics and other sources to make actionable recommendations
- Apply diverse interpretative frameworks (from HCI, social science, design thinking) to make meaning out of customer data
- Design and lead brainstorming workshops, journey mapping, design sprints and more
- Source appropriate participants from our research panel and through 3rd party vendors
- Collaborate with researchers and help build the research practice at a growing startup
- At least 5 years of experience in applied research collaborating closely with cross-functional team(s) across all phases of the product development process
- An academic or applied research background that includes knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods, analysis approaches and interpretive frameworks
- A demonstrated track record of deriving insights from complex or technical problem spaces and crafting actionable recommendations
- A knack for business and product acumen
- Experience concisely, persuasively and creatively communicating verbally and in writing
- Ability to work scrappy or thorough as project objectives and timeframes necessitate
Nice to have
- Experience or interest with facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions with distributed teams (including design sprints, service design frameworks).
- Familiarity or interest in improving internal tooling
- Familiarity or interest in B2B Growth strategy and best practices
- An opinion on the Oxford comma
Research is a small, but growing practice situated in our Product Design team that supports strategic decision-making on key product initiatives. Product design is a close-knit, distributed team. Our research team works closely with product designers, product managers and other xfn collaborators. We like to nerd out together, ask lots of questions and play trivia.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.