Sr. Engineering Manager - Payroll Core Platform
Remote, San Francisco, California, United States
About The Role
Rippling is so much more than just “a payroll company”, but there’s no denying payroll is the beating heart of our business – it’s often the first product our customers sign up for, and it’s a big part of why they stick with us. No one enjoys running payroll, but Rippling makes it more pain-free than any other product on the market: we abstract away all the messy complexity of pay and deduction calculations, tax jursidictions, and bank transfers so that everything “just works” for our customers.
We care about moving fast and continually deploying code, but also about laying the right infrastructure that enables us to do that safely and with confidence. We’re looking for great engineering leaders to join us in our journey to build the next generation of our most mission-critical payroll and payments systems. You’ll play a key role in designing the architecture of financial systems that move billions of dollars and also shape technical process and culture on a rapidly-expanding team.
Who You Are
- You want to be part of a team of the most talented, forward-thinking engineers in the industry
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
- You enjoy being hands-on in technical architecture and reviews (we’ll even expect you to roll up your sleeves and write code when appropriate), but you also have good judgment about when to step back and delegate.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Set up and maintain processes that empower the team to move quickly but confidently
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews
- Have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy
- Wear a product manager hat when needed
- 8+ years of engineering or engineering management experience
- Experience scaling products and teams in a hypergrowth phase
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Proficiency with recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- Strong product intuition
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.