Senior Software Engineer - Billing
San Francisco or Remote (USA)
About The Role
Rippling has 15+ different product SKUs and is adding to them rapidly. Billing team ensures that customers have access to these product suites and are charged accurately and periodically and is responsible for account creation, product access, client data ingestion into Rippling, account churn, etc. The Billing team is responsible for managing the payment and revenue pipelines of Rippling covering customer facing products including contracting, invoicing, subscription, and management and also works with sales, success finance, and accounting teams for revenue forecasting and financial audits.
As a software engineer in Billing, you will be a part of a team of 12+ engineers who build and maintain one of the most complex in-house billing services in the SAAS world (we manage billing plans and subscriptions for 15+ products across many jurisdictions and client types! 🥳)
As a team working closely with top of the funnel sales teams and finance teams on revenue and churn forecasting, you get the ring-side view of how the company and its different product lines are performing as well as get a deep understanding of the market we are serving and how market forces are shaping the future of this industry
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain Rippling’s billing and accounting engines.
- Develop high quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Work closely with growth teams to increase cross-sell
- Work closely with finance teams to ensure real-time and accurate revenue data is presented to all stakeholders
- Work closely with sales and customer success teams to ensure timely contracts are delivered and customers have a smooth rippling onboarding experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science, information technology, or experience in a relevant field
- Solid programming skills, a track record, and passion for improving the code structure and architecture to enhance testability and maintainability
If you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. No job description is perfect, and we might find an even more suitable opportunity that matches your skills and experience.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email accommodations[at]rippling.com.
We are committed both to the health of our employees and to promoting a safe and collaborative workplace, and vaccinations are the best way to end the COVID-19 pandemic and to protect our community. In the U.S., where permitted under federal and state law, all offers of employment will be conditioned upon new hires providing proof of vaccination prior to their start date, unless the individual qualifies for an accommodation. For all other locations, vaccinations are strongly encouraged.